Reports to the Chief Lending Officer and works closely with all members of the Lending, Portfolio Management and Compliance Teams. The Loan Underwriter is primarily responsible for the underwriting and analysis of all loan requests and loan portfolio performance.
• To be a Relationship Manager with various sources of business.
• Generate and underwrite commercial and residential mortgage loans.
• To review and underwrite requests for mortgage financing
• To review appraisal reports and prepare credit memos for requests for loan approvals.
• To represent Maspeth Federal at community and business events
• Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
• NYS General Real Estate Appraiser’s general license\certification preferred
• Knowledge of real estate appraisal techniques
• A minimum of 5-10 years of commercial real estate appraisal experience
• Comprehension of mortgage underwriting methods and principles
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Contacts in the mortgage brokerage and lending communities.
• Good interpersonal skills and team player qualities.
• Above average knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
The position will be located at Maspeth Federal’s Loan Center at 56-05 69th Street Maspeth, Queens.
Maspeth Federal Savings is a well-established mutual savings & loan, which is financially sound with $1.8 billion in assets.
Comprehensive benefits package including, medical, dental, pension, life insurance and 401(k).
Qualified applicants must submit resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
EOE M/F/D/V Affirmative Action